Women We Love: Zooey Deschanel

Friday, March 12, 2010

Zooey Deschanel


If you're spreading yourself too thin doing things that don't mean anything to you -- which is easy to do if you're an actor, to be honest -- then you end up becoming extremely exhausted, extremely drained, and you don't have anything that means anything to you at the end. -Zooey Deschanel

Indie singer/songwriter/actress/instrumentalist, Zooey Deschanel has captured our hearts with her music and quirky sense of fashion. The first time we got a glimpse of Zooey was in Elf and we were head over heels! Mysteriously sweet with a voice to match, we're dedicating this post to Zooey's playful fashion.


You have to keep reminding yourself it`s not about money, because there is a lot of money to be made in this business if you`re willing to do whatever. But that`s not what I`m thinking about. I continue only to take movies because I love the script and because I really want to do it.

I usually choose movies for the characters.

I always choose roles that are, you know, hopefully different from the last role. I don`t wanna do the same thing over and over again because that`s, well, first of all that`s no fun.

I don`t really like to go out very much. I`m not scandalous. I`m not, like, in this to be famous. I also find it so embarrassing when you read about people and it`s like they were so trashed at Skybar and stumbling around. I don`t want to be that person.

I`m blessed with a lot of energy and stamina. I can`t stand sitting still. I went to a spa once with my mom and I was like, "Get me out of here!"

I'm so, so lucky. Honestly I am living the dream.

I wasn't really the most charming person, socially - it took me a long time to develop my people skills - but the one place I was always comfortable was onstage, acting or singing.


It`s an addiction. I love clothes. I like to go down Melrose and look in all the windows and I go to different flea markets. I have lots of costumes. You never know when you`re going to have to dress up like a milkmaid from the 1600s.

I love old music, old movies, screwball comedies, vintage clothes and basically I`m an old-fashioned gal.



0 comments:

Post a Comment