Women We Love: Lily Cole

Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Lily Cole

"I love modeling, but also see it as a platform for the million other things I want to achieve and create in life."

Model Lily Cole isn't just another pretty face. As she strives for more than the perfect catwalk, she is taking on roles in movies and in the classroom. She states, "I’ve been doing modelling for years and I feel like I’ve taken out of it what I need to and I’m ready for new things." This Cambridge University student will be appearing in the upcoming movie, The Moth Diaries and expect to see more of Lily as she wishes to further her acting career.


“It’s bizarre that people find it so fascinating. I take opportunities as they come. Fashion has been a great one, but it hasn’t stopped me doing other things. I love creativity and I’m interested in the humanities. Human life, art, any of those things wonder and perplex me.”


"I'm always the first to hand in my work, because I know if I'm late the teachers will come down on me like a ton of bricks. Modelling is great, but studies come first."

Lily wants "...to live spontaneously - I don't want to be just a model."

“I feel so lucky. I always wanted to do creative things when I was younger and I wondered how I’d afford it. I’m lucky to have the freedom to do things I want.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment