Women We Love: Beyonce Knowles

Friday, April 9, 2010


Lady Liberty by Beyonce

Beyonce is just so beautiful in her Lady Liberty campaign for House of Dereon Spring/Summer 2010. Shot in Brazil, she looks absolutely fabulous against the Grecian inspired backdrop.

Beyonce is one of the women we love because she is elegant, talented, determined and beautiful inside and out. She's been performing on stage since her teenage years, has been nominated (and has won) countless awards, starred in films such as Obsessed and Austin Powers, modeled for House of Dereon, came out with a fragrance... Some may say she's done it all! We know that she's just getting started. We can't wait to see what she's gonna be doing next!

Love is something that never goes out of style. It's something everybody experiences, and if they are not in love, people usually want to feel that. So if you hear the album, it's very romantic.

One of the things that kept me out of trouble was doing something creative - creativity can`t be judged.

The easiest part is dancing in the heels. I don't even think about it anymore; it's just second nature. But it is difficult to dance, to sing at the same time. I have to make sure I'm in shape and I'm hydrated... I don't want to wear myself out and get exhausted.

I didn't want them to look the same. Some are in black and white. Some are Super8. Some are very bright, vivid colors. Some are, you know, they look a little retro. I wore my hair black in some. I wore '80s makeup in one of the videos. Sixties Mod makeup. It was so exciting 'cause I love fashion, I love dressing up, so definitely it was like playing different characters. I can't believe I did it. But I had a lot of help and a lot of support.

I think I am past needing celebrity. I don't want to feel the void I see in a lot of celebrities - the unhappiness underneath the smile. Don't you think it's scary that you rarely meet celebrities who are normal? I do normal things, walk in the park. I don't want to be off on my own diva planet. I want to be on Earth. I want to be normal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment