Women We Love: Gemma Ward

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Model: Gemma Ward


"I came to watch my friends. I was sitting there in the crowd when the agent from Perth came over. I didn't even want to enter, it was a bit of chance. I was so shocked when I got my first job."

We present to you Australian super model Gemma Ward. With her baby doll face she is hailed a "porcelain doll" as well as an "archangel from Neptune" and a "Siamese kitten." Her career started in 2002 when she accompanied her friends to a modeling competition where she, herself, got scouted in the audience. From that point her life would change drastically as she would grace the covers of renowned fashion magazines such as Elle, Vogue and W, be the campaign model for brands including Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Valentino, to name a few, and walk the runway for big names from Versace, Gucci, Alexander McQueen, to Dior and many others. She has, indeed, made a name for herself in the fashion world. Despite rumors of quitting modeling and weight gain, Gemma will always be one of the women we love.


"I never really cared about what I looked like."

"I wanted to be like an actor or a comedian for a little while, because I was always wanting to make people laugh, and being stupid, so I never thought I'd be doing a job where you always have to look nice, and polished and sophisticated."

"I grew up on the beach. It was such a luxury to wake up to the sun and the ocean."

"Some girls get swept up in the lifestyle-clubbing and partying with celebrities. You can't live your life like that, though. It's fake."

0 comments:

Post a Comment